Reflection, Imitation, Experience
Why Not Print Your Posters on Canvas for Your Next Store Sale
Canvas has been made us of for ages for making paintings and posters. But in this new age of technology, it’s now possible to directly print canvas such that it is as water resistant as a real painting. However, it is known by only a few that canvas is an excellent material to print for display printing and retail display. Canvas is usually made with 100% cotton and can be folded and rolled like any other flexible material.
Usually posters and communications are printed on either paper or self-adhesive vinyl, mounted on sunboard (foamboard) or stuck to walls and other surfaces. However, there are advantages and disadvantages of both.
Printing on SA Vinyl/Paper
– Traditional look and finish of prints
– Better detail can be printed due to smoothness
– Final outputs reflect light and cause unwanted glare
– Creatives look plasticy and unnatural
– This material is very common and overused
If you get a print on canvas, we suggest getting it gallery frame wrapped. In this case, the canvas is snapped on a 1″ (or more) thick wooden frame and the side edges are also covered in print. Some people also call it a Museum wrap or Gallery wrap. A photo printed on canvas and then gallery wrapped brings out a vibrant 3-D impression and have the look of a painting taken right out of gallery or museum. Wooden support frames behind the print prevent compression marks and creases in the print. Canvas prints also give one many framing options such as standard frames for non-stretched prints, custom-built frames for mounting, and floating frames which can add to the aesthetics of the print.
– Gives a matty, natural and earthy feel to your print.
– Your prints have a 3D block effect, making them seem much more suave.
– You get unlimited sizing options with many panoramics reaching lengths of 80 inches and higher
– May be split into multiple panels for added visual effect
– Can be hung in placed with high humidity without second thought since the prints are waterproof
– Very easy to install, and can be hung and removed in a matter of seconds just like a painting.
– The texture of material must be considered along with the image being printed;
– Prints are permanent unlike a paper print inside of a frame
– The printing detail is not as great as printing it on vinyl, but that is apparent only when you look at it from a very close distance or with very small font-size
Finally, we suggest using a framed canvas poster for your next store campaign. Design artworks normally and hang them up like masterpieces.